Sep 11, 2008

TYLER THE FUCKING CREATOR

Man I remember the first time I met this dude (well only time). I was with Left Brain and my nigga Stoney, trynna sell tickets 4 the show down Melrose and I got distracted by these niggas on Rosewood. It was kinda funny and fucked up...Tyler said he cant be seen wit us niggas cuz he had a rep to uphold (haha). Kicked it with the cool kids 4 the rest of the night. Hit the grove and shit and discovered another side of LA. Of course I was basically nobody to him but I was honored to shake his hand...yeah those are the perfect words.

Creativity Is Rare. Congratulate The Creator. Odd Future Changed My Life.



http://hypetrak.com/2008/09/tyler-the-creator-odd-toddlers
Every now and then something refreshing comes along bubbling up from the underground, garnering a following on message boards and blogs. Tyler the Creator is one of those artists that deserves to be heard on a larger scale. The young producer infuses trance inducing mellow jazz tracks with flashes of electronic, a dose of Hip Hop and a heap of swagger, the result is a unique meld of music that is a bit ahead of its time. One of his most popular tracks “Odd Toddlers” stays true to its name sake. It is extremely odd, but that’s exactly what makes it dope. I have been bumping this one for a week straight and once you hear it so will you. Be on the look out for this dude, he’s a budding photographer with a magazine dropping and possibly a new show on Adult Swim.

No comments: